Welcome to our service today…
- Welcome, announcements and prayer (John Mowat).
- Song: “What is our hope in life and death? (Christ is our hope)”.
- Slice of Life: YF leavers – Suzanne Mowat, Leah Macdonald and Daniel Watson.
- Songs: “In Christ alone” | “Grace unmeasured vast and free”.
- Sermon – “Is death the end of our hopes?” (Colin Adams) including Bible reading – 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.
- Songs: “There is a hope that lasts beyond the grave” | “How great the chasm that lay between us (Living hope)”.
- Coming next...there is no Virtual T&C this week. Remember the church ABM on Thursday 25th June @ 8pm (info for church members sent via eNews).
Sunday School and YF
Earlier today we had the Sunday School Prize Giving Service at 11.30AM. Thanks for everyone who took the time to join in to that.
YF – is studying Proverbs this term and the meeting time is at 4-5.30pm
Welcome, Announcements and Prayer (John Mowat)
Song: “What is our hope in life and death (Christ is our hope)
Although we have not learnt it as a church family, we’ve played it a few times since when this song was released. These opening songs focus our hearts on the holiness of God. He calls his people to also be holy as he is holy. The first is well known and loved and we can sing along with the many in the crowd also singing.
Slice of Life (YF Leavers)
Please take the opportunity to pray for our friends who are leaving YF and all their plans and hopes that they have shared with us today.
“In Christ alone”
These two songs help us ‘revel’ and ‘delight’ in the amazing salvation that is found in Jesus. For a grieving Christian who mourns their Christian loved one who has died or for those who are despondent, fearful and unsure, there is grace for today and the hope of a future reunion/resurrection.
“Grace unmeasured vast and free”
Sermon: “Is death the end of our hope?” 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (Colin Adams)
including Bible reading
“There is a hope that burns within my heart”
As a response to what we have heard, we sing about the hope in Christ that ‘drives all doubt away’, that ‘lifts our weary head’ and is a ‘consolation against despair’. It is a biblical hope that deals with ‘future’s fear’ for we ‘are safe in everlasting arms and they will lead us home.’ Encourage each other in the truth of the gospel and the hope in Jesus that ‘lifts our eyes beyond the beckoning grave’.
“How great the chasm that lay between us (Living hope)”
The second response song continues to point us to the Living Hope and to sing in praise and worship: ‘Hallelujah, praise the One who set me free, hallelujah, death has lost its grip on me.’
Coming up: ABM 25th June 2020 @ 8pm
GV Church members Annual Business Meeting takes place on Thursday 25th June @ 8pm. Information about this will be sent to church members eNews in due course.