Welcome to our service today…
- Welcome, notices and prayer (Colin Adams).
- Song: “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty”.
- Video: Update from Andrea Smith in Lebanon.
- Songs: “Mine are days (Christ is mine forevermore)” | “There is strength within the sorrow (Sovereign over us)”.
- Sermon: “Resiliency” as part of the “Nothing shall separate us” series with John Mowat (including Bible reading: 1 Peter 4v12-16).
- Song: “When I fear my faith will fail (He will hold me fast)” | “He lavishes grace (Everlasting arms/Lean hard)”.
- Coming up…online Communion at 6pm followed by virtual T&C.
There is new Sunday School material this week and you can access this and the songs (opens in new window/tab).
Welcome, Announcements and Prayer (Colin Adams)
Song: Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
As we start our service, we bring a note of praise to our great God, ‘the Almighty, the king of Creation’. He is ‘above all things’, ‘reigning’ and ‘sustaining’. ‘His goodness and mercy daily attend us’. This is the God to whom we come before so ‘gladly we praise and adore him’.
Update from Andrea Smith in Lebanon
Our giving this week is for the support of Andrea in her ministry in Lebanon. Andrea has produced a series of short videos about funding needs for the Lebanon Evangelical School in Tyre (LEST). Here are first two videos. Take time to pray for the things that she raises and consider supporting financially.
We continue in our series ‘Nothing shall separate us’, focusing on the amazing truths of our union in Christ. This week we consider our ‘resiliency’. As we think about the circumstances and events that dominate our lives, how do we view them? Are we continuing to turn to the Lord and rely upon him, looking to his promises to sustain us so that we ‘stand firm’? A right perspective helps us. These two songs orient us in these things.
“Mine are days (Christ is mine forevermore)”
“There is strength within the sorrow (Sovereign over us)”
Sermon: “Resiliency” with John Mowat
This week’s sermon continues in the ‘Union with Christ – Nothing shall separate us’ series with Bible reading 1 Peter 4v12-16.
We close our service with 2 songs of hope and encouragement.
“When I fear my faith will fail (He will hold me fast)”
“He lavishes grace (Everlasting arms/Lean hard)”
Online Communion TONIGHT at 6pm (Followed by virtual T&C)
Community Group week this week.
(Zoom details sent to members via eNews/CG leader)