The Bible is our final authority in all areas of life and faith. As a church, we believe in the following truths:
- The whole Bible is inspired by God, and is authoritative and sufficient for our lives. (2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- God exists eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, to whom equal honour is due. (Matthew 28:19, Ephesians 4:4-6)
- Jesus Christ, the unique Son of God became man, being begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. (John 1:1-4, Matthew 1:23)
- Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again for our justification. (Romans 4:24-25, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- Jesus ascended to the right hand of God and is now the all-sufficient High Priest of His people. (Acts 1:9-11, Philippians 2:9-11, Hebrews 7:25)
- Jesus will personally return to receive his people and judge the world in righteousness. (Acts 1:11, 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:16-17, 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10)
- That man has fallen and needs the Holy Spirit’s work in regeneration and sanctification. (Romans 3:23, Titus 3:4-7)
- Human beings are sinful but may be restored by repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Luke 24:46-47, Acts 16:31)
- That at death the soul of man does not cease to exist or become unconscious. (Luke 23:43, 2 Corinthians 5:8)
- That the dead will be raised either to life or condemnation and that the blessedness of the righteous and the punishment of the unrighteous will, alike, be eternal. (John 5:28-29, Matthew 25:46)
Beyond these clear truths, there are non-salvation matters over which Bible believing Christians may disagree with love and charity.
Greenview Church is an independent, self governing church, but is affiliated with the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches and a participant in the West of Scotland Gospel partnership.
The latest version of the audited church accounts, submitted to OSCR, can be viewed here: Greenview Accounts 2018.