We look to the Bible to guide our lives and seek the Holy Spirit’s help to live by its teaching.
As a church, we believe…
- In the divine inspiration, authority and sufficiency of the bible. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- God exists eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, to whom equal honour is due. (Matthew 28:19, Ephesians 4:4-6)
- Jesus Christ, the unique Son of God became man, being begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. (John 1:1-4, Matthew 1:23)
- Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again for our justification. (Romans 4:24-25, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- Jesus ascended to the right hand of God and is now the all-sufficient High Priest of His people. (Acts 1:9-11, Philippians 2:9-11, Hebrews 7:25)
- Jesus will personally return to receive his people and judge the world in righteousness. (Acts 1:11, 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:16-17, 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10)
- That man has fallen and needs the Holy Spirit’s work in regeneration and sanctification. (Romans 3:23, Titus 3:4-7)
- Human beings are sinful but may be restored by repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Luke 24:46-47, Acts 16:31)
- That at death the soul of man does not cease to exist or become unconscious. (Luke 23:43, 2 Corinthians 5:8)
- That the dead will be raised either to life or condemnation and that the blessedness of the righteous and the punishment of the unrighteous will, alike, be eternal. (John 5:28-29, Matthew 25:46)
The latest version of the audited church accounts, submitted to OSCR, can be viewed here: Signed 2017 Greenview Accounts.